Friday 8 April 2011

"It's a garage y'all...it don' goin' shut"....we had no idea either

Crockett, Milton (Crocketts brother in law visiting from the UK) and I celebrated Miltons first day in the States by doing something quintessentially American..heading to the baseball.  We got the best seats in the house...not close to the action but close to the all you can eat hot dogs.  There are no surprises for guessing what sort of people decide to sit in the "All you can eat" section at the baseball...good times..good times.  Crock and Milton left me out to dry at one point when I got talking to this bloke who carries baseballs that he has caught in previous games around with him to all the other games and took great in telling me exactly when he caught them and how...oh..and detailing his plan on expanding the MLB into Australia..I didn't have the heart to tell him that we already have a summer sport that kind of has the market covered in the "when is something going to happen but I can't stop watching because when I do something will happen and I will miss it" type summer sport. 

After the baseball we gave the girls a call...no prizes for guessing where they were...I think I got out of it ok..it only cost me a couple of pair of shoes.  It is now official...I am not allowed to buy anything else because there is no more room in either of our suitcases.  Anyways...the boys decided we would explore Cincinnati, walked a few blocks from the stadium and found the dodgy neighbourhood...that was fun. 

For dinner we crossed the river into Kentucky to eat at a German beer house...no I am not sure what is wrong with that sentence either but it seemed wrong to me too. We came back home and played pool until the wee hours and have now slept in...plans have changed for today..we were going to drive to Indianapolis via Louisville and up through the Hoosier state park...but we have decided to spend a few extra hours with Crock and Christie and little Sarah and cut 4 hours off the drive today....going to French Lick will have to wait until next trip to the states...:)

Very much looking forward to tonight....Hawks v Pacers in a meaningless end of season game between two teams that have nothing to gain from winning or losing...why am I looking forward to it so much again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home